Followers

Saturday, June 13, 2020

Pea Picking More

The peas needed picking and I was going to help the Masner's load up the U-Haul trailer.  I woke up before my light alarm turned on.   By the time I showered and got dressed, it was getting light.  I got the tote and the a chair and started picking on the west end.  I worked my way to the east end and then started on the other side going west.  There are not as many peas on the south side of the patch.
The tote was nearly full.  This is our second picking and we got more than the first.  I took them into the house.  Carol had breakfast ready.  I had an egg sandwich and a bowel of old fashion oats which i prepare yesterday.
We started shelling the peas.  I helped for awhile and it was time to help load the Masner's U-Haul trailer.  There wan no one there.  I came back home and helped Carol shell peas for another half hour. 
It took nearly two hours to load the trailer.  Curt and his two boy did most of the heavy lifting. Jim Blodgett and his wife were helping.  Jim helped with loading and Jolyne did most of the cleaning.  The Masner's of course also helped.
I wanted to get a couple of pictures.  I gave my smart phone to Curt, and he took this picture of me trying to lift the trailer tong.  Of course I couldn't lift it.
He got an other picture with me and Jim Blodgett.
l
Carol Masner usually doesn't like he picture.  I got this one while she pretended to lift it.
Here is the loaded trailer. 

They stopped at our house before they left.  We bought them a porcelain statue of the Manti Temple.
Way in the back by the west fence are a lot of piece of wood.  Some came from the house east of us when Robert was re-modeling his house.  I found this ladder that i had made just after we had moved to Holden.  It was made with a pair of ten foot 2x10's.  I could use them in building stools.  I broke off the slats, pulled out the rusty nails.  They were hard to pull out.  I got all the nails except one.  after much effort I cut the 2x2 on each side of the nail.
This evening looked at the peas.  The ones that were to small to pick, are now ready to be picked. 
 I pulled weeds out of the irises.  I used a small digging tool to remove the wild lettuce that was growing in the irises.  I was on my hands and knees most of the time.  I weeded in other areas of the ugarden with a shovel and a narrow stirrup hoe.
I watch some You Tube Videos on growing in baled straw.  It looked like many had the straw on its edge.  All of them used fertilizer, compost, soil.  I turned my bale on its edge.   I planted bush beans.  The decaying straw used all the nitrogen and nothing would grow.



Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment