Followers

Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Weeds, Earwig Spray

I tried to get the photos in a chronological order.  But sometimes if forget to take the picture and half to go back and take the picture.
Our dahlias are getting eaten alive by earwigs.  The one on the front is an example of all the others.  There are some that the earwigs haven't found yet.

I mixed up a batch of Ortho Home Defense which according to the label kills earwigs.
I finally found the directions.  One tablespoon per gallon of water.  I made three batches.  The last batch was for one and one half gallons of water.  One tablespoon plus one half tablespoon.  I sprayed potatoes, cabbage, broccoli, and cauliflower. 

I picked more peas this morning.  The tote was one fourth full.  Carol shelled all of them.  We had potatoes and green pea sauce for supper this evening.  It was very good.

I made the trellis for the three of the grape plants that were getting larger.  I used tie wire because it is way cheaper than sixteen gage wire and easier to put up than barb wire.
I took photos of all three.  I tied the vine to the trellis with garden twine.


The old pallets that have been near the grape vines was quite and eyesore.  I loaded them on the cart and hauled them out the road by some other pallets.
The water I use for irrigation of the north garden has leaked out at this point in the garden.  I decided to fix it.  I pulled connection apart.
and put a lot of pipe cement on both parts of the joint.  I pushed it together and held it until the joint held.
This is the last of the sweet potato slips.  This is not a slip, the top end of the mother sweet potato.  I buried it in the center of the raised bed.

This is where I put the old pallets.  I pulled a heavy oak pallet which I couldn't lift.  I decided to take it apart because I could use the oak.
I moved this wet bail of straw about a foot to the west.  I had to put a pipe under it which I was able to lift and slide it over.  I used the sledge hammer to drive the pipe under the bail of straw.
I planted over a dozen Zucchini seeds in the compost and then watered it.  That is way to many.  I will have to pull some out later.  The package says forty-five days to harvest.   The is a month and a half.  Plenty of time.
Tony Deardnen who owns the house on the corner west of us, stopped while I was taking the pallet apart.  He has a big skid steer.  He was right back and loaded it on our truck.
I dug out a lot of the wild lettuce which some were nearly two feet tall.  Most were on the north side of the grape vines.

Minutes ago the phone rang and it was Charlie Brown from the Manti temple it was good to hear from him. 

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment