Followers

Friday, October 16, 2020

Hemp Invaded our Back Yard

 Yesterday, I gave the hemp growers permission dry the hem in our back yard.  The wind was blowing dust from the horse pasture east of the farm.  It is most likely that the dust would change the chemical analysis of the harvested hemp.  That would be the lost of the crop.

The first had frost of the year.  The zucchini froze.  I was going to run some water down the row, but I forgot.  I picked about a dozen zucchinis and three cucumbers.  I took them to the post office for Share the Harvest bench is.
The pepper plants were frozen as well as watermelon vines.
I drove to Fillmore for Plexiglas.   I needed two inch wide pieces to cover the front of each shelf.  There were five shelves.  The person that helped me cut off five pieces.   A small piece broke of the end.  Even after I cut of the small piece, it was still long enough.  She cut an extra one and the piece she had left was to small to sale so she gave it to me.

I bought some groceries at the Fillmore Market and then came home.
The hemp crew hanging the washed hemp out to dry.
I picked a small watermelon intending to feed it to the chickens.  It turned out to be quite ripe with black seed.  I ate the first half which was sweeter than I thought it would be. I put the other half in the fridge to be eaten at a later date.
Carol asked me to put the pumpkins out.  She wanted them at close to the door.
Some sadness.  One of the hemp workers told me about two dead kittens.  There were found south of the shade house.  I haven't seen these before.  Above is a white kitten that looks like it was killed by a dog.
The other one is black and looks like it was also killed by a dog.   Shane said that he had found some dead kittens;
Many of the determent tomato plants were damaged by the frost.
I dug an eighteen inch deep hole between two grape plant.  I put the black one in first and the white one on top.  I back filled the hole.  They will decompose and eventually feed some grape plants.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment