Followers

Friday, October 30, 2020

Garden clean-up

 After it warmed up some I went to work in the garden.  I have been removing plant material to help be ready for spring.

I cut down all of the corn.  It froze over a month ago and much of the stalks had dried.  I cut them down and hauled them to the compost pile.
I picked the corn and shucked it.  It was surprising to find large ears of what looked like good corn.  There were two ears that didn't look to good.  I gave it to our chickens.  They went right after them.
The kidney had some nice geraniums.  I started to pull them.  Most came quite easily.  They were pretty wet and my gloves got wet.  I dug the rest of them up with a shovel.  I cut down the frozen chrysanthemum. I put them on a burlap tarp and put them on then compost pile.
There were geraniums under both of the north baywindows.
There is a waterline that I thought might freeze and break during then winter.  I dug up the end of the pipe.  There was a plug in the end just after the hose bib.  My adjustable wrench couldn't hold the plug.  I can't find my smaller pipe wrench.  I got the big on and was able to unscrew the plug.  I found a couple of PVC parts.
I bailed out the water and was able to install a drain.
I cut and dug out the chole crops.  There is one left on this row.  I have to leave something to do tomorrow.  

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment