Followers

Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Finished Removing Tomato Vines

By this afternoon it had warmed up some.  I went out to the garden and began taking down all of the trellises.  I cut off the root with my shovel and then set on a chair and cut away the tomato clips.

I removed the Styrofoam which I thought would allow the ground heat to come up and warm the soil.  Just the opposite happened.  It insulated the ground and kept it frozen.  I was able to dig a couple of sweet potatoes that were a little larger than my thumb. I left the the Styrofoam off allow the soil to thaw.  I took them in the house and washed off the dirt.
I piled all of the tomato plants on the giant pile of vines.  It is about six feet high.
The was a eighteen foot pipe holding the tomato trellis up.  I took the pipe down.  I needed a step ladder to be able to reach the pipes.
I picked sweet corn about two weeks ago and put them in the fridge in the garage.  We ate four ears that are about six inches long.  Carol ate one and I had three.  They tasted like they had just been picked.  even some of the husk were starting to dry.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment