Followers

Tuesday, October 27, 2020

The Day After Snow

It was again cold this morning, but not as much as this morning.  I watched the morning news for a while and then went to work carving our pumpkins.  I sat around watch videos on You Tube for a while.

 I brought in the pumpkins and started to carve.  But first I looked at a lot of images online to get some ideas.  I used a sharp fila knife to cut off the lid.  It took a lot of scraping to remove all the seeds and gook.  They are really slippery  Their slippery-ness made it difficult to pull out everything.  I marked the location of the eyes, nose, and mouth.  I then carved those features.  When finished I got an anaheime pepper from the garden to give the pumpkin on the left a long tongue.  

I went out to the greenhouse to see how progress was coming.  House to was cleaned up.  The white is white plastic but by first glance it looks a little like snow.

Pumpkin with tongue which looks more like a red cigar.


All together

The more spooky pumpkin.
Sunday, I covered the carrot plants with 
Styrofoam to keep them from freezing.  I added more Styrofoam yesterday.  To day I removed the snow and ice from them today and covered the whole thing with poly that I used last year.  A 2x2 is attached to both sides which prevent the wind from blowing off the Styrofoam.  I can easily remove to remove the snow.
I put Styrofoam on the sweet potato plants.  The soil was frozen solid.  I hope that the heat from the soil will thaw the frozen soil.


I cut away the frozen tomato plants from the trellis string.  The trees shaded the area from the sun.  It was getting a little cold.  I stopped hope to finish it tomorrow afternoon.

Carol called  her knee  doctor.  She left a message. No one called her back.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment