Followers

Thursday, July 8, 2021

A Lot of Hot

It has very hot for the last couple of days.  I try to work in the morning, but there is so much to do.  Especially in the weeding department.

One of the triplet kittens was playing with this beetle.  Later I found the beetle dead.
Growing next one of the peonies was this, I don't know what it is called so I choose to call it a ditch bank beetle.  It is a perennial.  I dug around it and dug around it some more.  I had to get my heavy duty shovel to cut through the hard root.  I don't know how deep the root goes,  but by looking at its thickness,  It looks like it might grow deep.
There is a small, but long climbing weed that has been growing all over the yard.  I pruned back the peonies to get a good look at that weed.  I was on my hands and knees for over an hour in the hot sun.  I think I was able to pull out all the weeds.  There was a big prickly poppy that I dug up and moved it to the compost pile.
The Agave parryi is through blooming and soon should have some seeds.
This weed is over ten feet long.  It was rooted under a large lilac bush.  It grew up through the lilac bush.
There were two Syberian elm tree in the same lilac bush.  I got the chain saw to cut them down.  I got the electric chain saw and two extension cords.  I had to do some pruning so I could get my chain saw in it.  I drug the trees to the truck.
I put constrated round up type of poising, on the stump. 
I planted these zucchini seeds Monday.  They are breaking through the soil.
One of the kittens is keeping cool in this hot weather by resting in the bottom of  pomegranate tree/shrub.
The chicken coop and chicken and some of the chicken run is nearly hidden by the grape vines.
I began to water the trees in the orchard.  I watered all except some on the east end.  That will be for tomorrow.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!



No comments:

Post a Comment