Followers

Thursday, July 29, 2021

Corn

This morning I worked on my new tablet.  For some reason I got it working.  I could do email and a few other things.  But connecting to the internet was no good.   I didn't read from the Book of Mormon.  I fired up the tiller and made a new row for sweet corn, Jubilee Hybrid.  On my hands and knees, I would make a hole with one hand and with the other hand put in three kernels in the hole.  I made holes on each side of the row.   

I then let the water run down the wide row.  The water is coming in at the bottom of the photo.
I went to the other end in front of the water and got the picture.
The other bush beans did not come up very well.  I made a row for the beans between the cucumbers and the corn I had just planted.
A couple of weeks ago I dug up the bindweed that was growing in the sweet potato bed.  They are coming back.  This afternoon I dug them up again.  The stems seemed to be a little thinner.  
One of the hens flies into the garage greenhouse whenever the door is left open other that the wind blows open.  I made a latch to hold the upper door closed.

I dug up all most all of our onions.  The tops had bent over.  Not as many onions as last year.
Just before lunch I pulled the mallow weeds and the spurge weeds.  There were a few other weed verities that I don't know their names. The weeds that I pulled are on the concrete driveway.  There is a bear spot in the corner where nothing is growing.
Here is another sections of weeds.  The spurge has a zillion seeds.
I used a shovel to cut the weeds.  There is mallow, red roots, and spurge in these areas.
Carol came out and dead headed the geraniums.
The weeds are all dug in this area.  

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment