Followers

Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Cucumber Trellis

I began working in the garden as soon as breakfast was over.  I did watch a little news.  first and then began some weeding.

 This is the cucumber plants after I finished building the trellis.  It is here to match the title/

There was a large Zebra cucumber plant that left over from the plants on the cart.  I planted it with the Delicious tomato plants.  It is not nearly as big as the others.  I was going to take out a plant that looks a little sick, but this morning it looked a little better.  I dug a hole between to other plants and put horse pellets in the bottom of the hole.  After planting I watered it.  I left the can out there to water it tomorrow.
Peppers beginning to bear fruit.
I dug deeply with a shove to get all the morning glory plants and roots.   As soon as they come back up in a couple of weeks, I will dig them again.
Four more ears of early sweet corn.
I stretched a line from both ends of the row of burpless cucumber plants.  Then I usedd the line to keep the row straight.   
I then drove in a seven conduit and a used a hose clamp hold the two together.  
I drilled a hole in the top half inch of the seven foot conduit.  I used a piece of tie wire to hang the cucumber plants.  
Another wire was attached to the conduit and a large nail pounded in the ground.
The wire went through a hole at the top of the conduit.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you! 


No comments:

Post a Comment