Followers

Thursday, February 10, 2022

More Planting Areas

It was about 9:30 when I got the mail.  I came home and opened the door of house five.  I then drove to Fillmore to get some groceries and get a box of chocolates for Carol.  Valentine day is Monday.  My first stop was at the ,  , the new gas station on the south end of Fillmore.  There was a lot of items found in most large gas station.  But there weren't any Valentine chocolates.  I stopped at the flower shop.  I thought there would be chocolates there, but the door was locked.  It was a little after ten.  I got some groceries at the Fillmore Market, but there weren't any chocolates there either.  I then went to the drug store.  I got a box of chocolates.  I then came home.

I wanted more room to plant more garden seeds.  I got another table.  A picture is a couple of pictures down.  I took all of the trays off the bench above.  I found some black plastic to cover the bench.  I used theme clips to secure the plastic to the plywood bench.  I cut off the excess plastic.  Then I put the trays of geraniums back on the bench.  They don't need any bottom heat. 
I have a lot of these Styrofoam trays.   I cut them on the table saw so it would fit a cookie sheet.  I used a strainer to remove the big material and leave some fine poting soil to fill the tray.  There is165 cells in the tray.
This is the strainer that I build a long time ago.  It is about sixteen inches square.  I put it over the Styrofoam trays and filled with recycled potting soil.  I was then strained out the rock and sticks which left me with finer potting soil.

Richard Darnel wanted the manual for the compressor.  I found he manual and he was able to find the broken part.  A new part costs $15.00.
I ended up with two Styrofoam trays.  There are 330 cells by combining both trays.  I filled both cooky sheets with water.  The plants will be watered from the bottom.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!











No comments:

Post a Comment