Followers

Monday, February 28, 2022

Day of Transplanting

 It was about ten this morning when we drove to Fillmore, we stopped at Fillmore feed.  I returned the overalls that I bought last week.  They didn't fit. Carol picked up a prescription at the drug store.  We then got a few groceries at the Fillmore Market.  There were only a few cars in the parking lot.  When we left, we had to wait for the five cars that entered the parking area before we could get back on the road.  We then drove home.  

Last week, I used all of the potting soil that I bought from Roper's in Fillmore.  I started using soil that is in the root control bags.  There is a big problem with that.  The soil is so dry and is hard to get wet.  I transplanted some geraniums into the square pots.  When I quit transplanting and I put the pots in water to let them soak.  During the night an idea came to me.  I should put the soil into a wheelbarrow, and poor water into it.  

This morning after breakfast I did it.  I put the dry potting soil and water in the wheelbarrow and mixed it up with a shovel.  I poured in more water and mixed again.   I let it set there until after lunch.  

The soil was in the wheelbarrow for about three hours.  That allowed the water more evenly be distributed in the soil.   I filled quite a few pots.  The is a faster easier way to do this. 
I built a wall on the back of the small potting bench and on each side.  That gave me more room for potting soil.  I walked back to the garage several times for boards, tools, and grabber screws.
I ended up transplanting 120 geraniums into the larger square pots and twelve in the smaller pots.  Above photo is the 120 geraniums.  I hope I can finish tomorrow. 

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment