Followers

Monday, March 28, 2022

Broken Pipe Fixed

I got up pretty early and made some adjustments on the timer clock.  I wanted it to turn on the light and wake me up about 5:15.    It came on a little before five.  I got up, showered and shaved.  I read from the Book of Mormon and posted some comments on Face Book.  After breakfast I began to dig up the leaking pipe and determine why it was leaking.  We went to Fillmore.  Carol got birthday cards at the drug store while I bought the needed parts to connect both pipes together.  I bought glue, primer, an extension coupler, and three, two-inch couplers.  

I dug it up and dug on both sides.  I couldn't dig under neath it unless I dug the hole twice as wide.  After digging for quite a while, I cut the pipe on both sides of the compression coupler.  Then I was able to dig the hole deeper and throw out the loose soil.  I glued a coupler on each end.   

I couldn't get the extension coupler to fit, I cut off the coupler on the left end.  
Here it is glued together.  I turned on the water and there were no leaks.  
I then watered the peas again.  This time the water ran down the row and went clear to the end.
I went out to the grape vines to find some daffodils.  The tap on the end of this pipe had come off and water was running all over.  I went up to the well and shut off the water.  I glued it back on.  I won't turn the water back on until tomorrow afternoon.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment