Followers

Friday, March 25, 2022

Turned on the Well

I was much warmer this morning.  No frost of ice.   After breakfast I went out to house five and opened both doors.  The furnace didn't turn on during the night.

The tomato seedlings are looking very good.  I can almost count all of them from the above photograph.
There was a heavy box on the front porch.  I brought in the house and took it to the little bedroom.  Inside of the box was bag holding twenty-five of Green Arrow pea seeds.  I make a big mistake.  I should have ordered five pounds of seeds.  
I took a large container of seeds out to the north garden.  I pulled the farrow hoe one more time down the row.  I leaned over and carefully put the seeds down the row.  It tired me leaning over.  Later I got down on my hands and knees and planted the rest of the row.
Seeds seem to germinate better if they are pressed into the soil.  I made the above tool out of a short 2x4 and a thin piece of wood for a handle.  The first handle broke.  I cut off the broken part and attached it with four screws.
The above photo shows how close the seeds are. 
The above photo shows the row after I tamped down the seeds.
Here are how the seeds look after they have been tamped down.
I cleaned off the dried rhubarb leaves.  The rhubarb plants are starting to cum up.  I was going to water the peas by hooking on to the hose in house six and get a couple more hoses to bring the water to the north garden to water the peas.  I changed my mind and decided to turn on the well.  I shut off the water and turned on the switch.  The pump started up.  I walked all over the yard shutting of the taps that I opened last fall.  There is a hose bib just outside of the north-east corner of our yard.  It froze and broke during the winter.  I cut off the broken part and with a couple of PVC parts was able to fix it.





No comments:

Post a Comment