Followers

Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Another Day, Unplanned?


First thing this morning after breakfast I prepared the northside of greenhouse six.
I started this morning by removing all of chard, Cauliflower, cabbage, Brussel sprouts, and broccoli. I cut most of it down earlier in the week.  Today, I hauled all of it out and put it in the compost pile out the west door.  I then hoed up all of the weeds and raked the weeds into piles and took out to the compost pile also.  The above photo shows how it is now pretty much free of weeds.  I stretched a string along the left edge of the cleaned area.  I brought out the pepper plants.

We drove to Fillmore where Carol had an appointment with Dr. Gross.  Then we went to the market for some groceries, and then at the drug store to get some medication as prescribed by Dr. Gross.

Carol Masner came over for a visit.  I gave her a bundle of red beets and a small basket of tomatoes.
Adam Remke's came over to see what is wrong with our fridge.   We pulled it out and so dirty behind.  I spent a lot on my knees cleaning the floor and standing on a bench cleaning the top of the fridge.   It looks like we will need to get a new fridge.
After they left I went back to house six and finished the planting of peppers.   I planted bell, Anaheim, and jalapeno.  There are 83 plants   I had to hook up the drip line again, and it happened to be the one that I cut a little with the large pruners.  I fixed it and it seems to be working well.

For tomorrow I have beets and cucumbers to transplant.  And maybe some weed killer.

Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment