Followers

Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Pruning and Hanging Cucumbers

Our regular Tuesday morning.  Up early and got home around two.  I changed clothes and watered house two.  I worked in house six the rest of the afternoon.  I did the tomato pruning in house six.  I walked up and down the rows pruning with hand clippers.  There were some tomato plants that needed more hanging.  I also did that on some of the plants.
I pulled up all of the pea plants and picked of all the pea pods.  Some were new and tender and many that were tough and old.   I will make another batch of split pea soup with those.
It was hard to hang these young cucumber plants.  The is not stiff leaf to hook the Tomato clip too.  I hook to the base of  the plant and then put a large spike through the tomato clip.  Then I wound the plant around the twine several times.  There two plants together. I hooked the twine to both. with two separate Toma Hooks.
One of these is done  little differently.  I put the spike between the twine and the cucumber plant.  That seemed to work and was a little faster.  The tendrils beginning to grow on some plants.
Several weeks ago Carol asked me to clean the fridge that is in the garage.   I cleaned the fridge in the garage.  We have had that fridge a dozen years and to my knowledge it has never been cleaned.  The above photo is the dirty fridge.  The state health department would close me down for storing CSA box in the fridge.
The above photo is after I cleaned the fridge.


Comments and questions are welcome.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment