Followers

Friday, June 28, 2019

Viewing in the Manti Tabernacle

I started before it gets hot pretty early in house six.  I started to hang the cucumber plants.  I had done a few a few days ago.
When I started it was quite cool.  I started on the east end and thought that I would do a all of those between the first two posts.  I did them and thought again that I would do a few more.  Then I decided that I would do them all.  By the time I got to the west end it was really hot.  It was about 12:30 and time for lunch.  I finished an went back to the house.
The above pictures shows how I did most of them.   I took a Toma Hook and tied one end of the twine to a large nail (spike).  I unwound the Toma Hook and hung it on the overhead wire.  I had to unwind or wind it up until the head of the spike was a couple of inches above the ground.  Then I hooked the twine to the cucumber plant with a tomato clip.  Most had two plants and with two twine trellis.
I cover the fans during the winter.  In the summer I hang the bottom on a hook.  Earlier I hung it to a corner post.  I bumped into it with my head every time I walked by which was quite a few times a day.
Sampson, one of our cats, climbed up the screen after a year so he made a large hole in the bottom left corner.  I was going put a patch on it a glue it to the screen.  I looked at several videos and diciced that I would replace the screen.

I went to Fillmore and bought a screen, made a payment, and made a deposit.  When I got home I walked out to house two and found some of the plants suffering for the lack of water.  I watered them and then went back to the house and began to put the new screen in the frame.  I got it in and cut away the excess from all four side.  I put the glass back in and could not get the screen and frame back into the door.  But I couldn't get the screen back in.  I tried several times.  Carol came to help and pushed a corner of the screen away from the frame.

The Masner's picked us up and we went to Manti for the viewing of Fred F.  There were a lot of people there.  We then drove home.
I worked some more trying to put the screen in the door.  I finally got one corner and with a little force pushed into the other corner.   Above from outside looking in.
The above picture is in house two.  I moved all of the tomato plants and most of the weeds.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment