Followers

Friday, June 7, 2019

Irrigation Most of the Day

My water turn started this morning at seven.  I always let the water run to Raymond Stephenson first to clean out all of the junk that comes first in the pipes.  I then run the water to the Dearden's.  I can come back and put the cap on the pipe.  I went back to the main ditch to start our water turn.  Instead I let Raymond have the water for an hour because we still had some planting to do.
Yesterday, I pulled the weeds out of the carrots.  I got the picture this morning.  They are looking good.
I had a little more room in the hoops.  I planted three burpless cucumber plants.  They are in the above picture.  I covered the with two pieces of plywood.
There are two rows of Tomato plants.  The top row was planted a couple of days ago.  The bottom row is the Celebrity.  There four of them.  We those Wednesday.  We also planted some cherry tomatoes and Can't think of the name now.
The wind has been blowing all day.  I took several pictures and this was the best one.  The two plants in the right corner are garlic.
I wanted to cover the tomato plants.  They haven't had an opportunity to harden.  I had a bunch of baskets to be used for sphagnum  moss.  I put a wet piece of round newspaper on one basket and put another basket on top of it to hold it in place.
I tied a square piece of burlap to the basket to provide a little shade.  I tied a short piece of twine to each corner and then tied it to the wires making the basket.
This one is the smaller basket.  Instead of using paper as earlier I used burlap.
I did the same with larger baskets except I used two theme clips on each basket opposite from each other.  The two rows in the center of the picture are rows of tomato plants.  The ones on the right have not been covered.  We did all of this in the hour before we took our water turn.
This a picture of most of our garden so far.  From left to right. Tomatoes, tomatoes, corn, corn, potatoes, and two rows of onions.  The hoop on the far righ has the beans and three cucumber plants.
I ran water on the orchard.  Here is one place that needs cleaning.  Pips all over the place.

I did some pruning in house six.  And at the end of the day I made twenty tomato hooks called Toma Hooks.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment