Followers

Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Tangled Grape Vines

I took a few pictures of the dry garden by the road.
In the photo above are alliums that are purple and foxtail lilies that are yellow.
Purple alliums with gray Rabbit brush back drop.
The carrots in the bed at the right are doing well, but the ones on the left haven't germinated.  I water them every day, but it dries out.   I put down some burlap and wetted it down.
As soon as we got home from the temple, I watered house two and then had lunch.  It was way to hot in the greenhouses to do any work, so I went out to the strawberry patch and dug up a lot of wild lettuce and fed it to the chickens.
I fixed the wires on which I will hang the grape vines.  I tied a piece of wire to the main post and the other end to a short post in the ground.  
I did the same on the west end.  Plus a turnbuckle.
This is how it looks between the two rows of grapes.    I cleaned away the alliums and other weeds.
This is how it looks after I pruned away most of the grape vine and trying to train it to follow the two trellises.
This one s pruned away so much that I can't hardly see it in the photo.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment