Followers

Monday, June 10, 2019

What I Didn't Know This Morning


I made a mental list of the things that I wanted to do today.  Fertilize and water the strawberries.  Plant Rainbow Carrots,  and prune and hang the tomatoes,  transplant peppers.
I fertilize the lawn and began the watering.  It took about three hours to water.  I moved the hose every thirty minutes.

Yesterday, one of our chickens was killed by a dog.  I took on the dump road and threw it over the fence in the tall wild rye.  I was pruning the tomatoes and every thirty minutes I would move the hose  I worked in house six most of the day.  It was hot but not so bad that I had to quit.
 I planted the rainbow carrots in this small raised bed.
This I did not plan.  Carol was at the raspberry patch.  She started to pull the creeping ??????.  She went back into the house and I started pulling the vines and pruned some roses and current bushes.
The raspberry patch looks much better.  The might be a nice picking.
I shredded all of the plant material.
Today I made hooks with screws and now I can hang shoves, pitchfork,  and hoes.   They have been hard to find because some are laying on the ground.
This post has two shovels and one hoe hanging.
At the end of the day I did some weeding in the strawberry patch.  I was going to kill it with round-up, but Carol thought differently.  Good thing I followed her council.

I watered most of the garden.  The plants are looking really good.

I didn't get a picture of the weeding I did in house six.  I want to plant the peppers on the north side of house six, but the weeds are to bad.  I dug up all the weeds and hopefully I can plant them Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment