Followers

Thursday, June 27, 2019

Visit From Battys

I was on my way to house two.  Carol had done some watering and wanted me to help find the snails that come out from hiding in the wet leaves.  We found some and kept looking through we plants and leaves and we ended up with a quart bottle nearly half full.  Most were large and a few others were the size of the finger nail on my pinky.
Later this morning I checked house two to determine the watering needs.  Basically, it was okay.  There is a tomato plant that is doing really well, but it had a lot of branching that needed to be removed.
The photo above shows about six branches plus the main branch.  I cut off more than a dozen branches.  Some small and some over two feet long.
It was getting pretty warm in house two.  There were six or seven tomato plants that I started last fall to maintain a couple of unusual varieties.  I cut off all the branches with the intent to pick the ripe tomatoes.  There were two different cherry tomatoes and an orange Gladiator plant.  I was almost finished when the Batty's came.  We were expecting but we thought that they would be here earlier in the day.

I quit and walked back to the house.  He gave me a hair cut.  I asked him to cut away the hair to the skin around my ears.  He did a good job.  We visited awhile and then drove to Fillmore where we had lunch at Cluff's.   I had a mushroom and Swish cheese hamburger.  It was good right to the end.

I started weeding the strawberry plants, but the ground was so dry and hard that was really difficult to dig out the weeds.  I turned water and gave them a good drink.
This is a one leg for the stool that I made a couple of days ago.  This afternoon, I made three more legs.
I was so hot outside that I decided to build another stool.  I used a different technique using short boards from a pallet.  I made four stiles and cut a 45 degree miter and glued the legs to the stiles.  I pined with my nail gun.  I then clamped them to pull the joints tight together.
The pole beans have a pale color.  I applied some nitrogen fertilizer and then watered them.


Comments and questions  are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment