Followers

Thursday, June 13, 2019

Weeding, Killing, and Hanging

a lot to do today.  I was out working by eight this morning.
The peas are doing really well.  There are a lot of pods and a lot of blossoms.  We should be picking some by next week end.
There are a lot of starts from the poplar trees that are growing east and south of house six.  I cut off the tops which left little stumps just above the ground.  I painted round up on all of the stumps.
 The burpless cucumber plants are big and ready to be planted in the ground.  I pulled up most of the pea plants.  The above photo shows the stack of vines.  I pulled off the pods.  There are some in the white color bowl.   I took the vines out to the compost pile outside of the west door.
I needed more tomahooks and used some of the wire left in house six.
 This is the cucumber plant.  It is in good shape and does not need to be cut.
I planted them in the hoop tunnel where the peas used to be.  Some are eight inches apart and some are every six inches.
Another shot.  
I sprayed three tanks of killed weeds in the ditch, out by the grapes, and in other arears around the garden.  I painted the grass in these geraniums with round up.  I didn't want to spray the geraniums.
The eggplants have a lot of weed.  On hands and knees I and pulled and hoed out the weeds.

I hung some of the smaller tomato plants.
I made a bag of vegetables for Ann and Raymond Stevens,
Lots of alums  and fox tail lilies in this garden North of the house and south of the road.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment