Followers

Saturday, June 15, 2019

Started Another Day & a Surprise

I watched my Saturday morning woodworking shows this morning.  Two of them were reruns and the other one had some new things woodworking techniques.
I sprayed the morning glory that were near the pole beans I planted a month ago.  I must have killed some of the pole beans, because some of them have died.  I plant new ones this morning.  Most hills  have two seeds, but this one has three.
 I removed the cover that shaded the tomato plants.  The plants are growing and doing well.  I put an upside down  tree basket on each plant.  On one plant I used three baskets.  No pictures.
The picture shows the two rows of tomatoes.  In the bottom left hand corner is a basket.
The above photo shows the three baskets and how they are stacked.   The rest of the plants are  covered with one basket upside down.
 
 
I put a shade basket one of the gardenias.  I also hooked drip and noodle  to keep them wet.  I think that it took me an hour two find the tool to insert the noodle in the main line.  I looked everywhere two times and finally I found it.
While doing the above, I watered the strawberry plants.

Carol asked me to remove all unwanted shrubs and trees east pf the house.  Most were honey suckle and Golden rain tree.  I dug them out or cut them at ground level.  I painted the stump with round up.  I then drug them to the shredder and it cut them into pieces.  I also, removed a lot of dead rose stems and branches.
I hung a wire netting on the south side of the arches on the south side of house six.  It took three panels to reach east to west.  It was difficult to hang them on the posts without any help.  They were stored by the shed.

I put out a drip line under the wire netting.  I turned on the water and hopefully the ground will be a little soft for the planting of the cucumbers.


Comments and questions are welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment