Followers

Thursday, June 6, 2019

Quick Trip to Provo



I drove to Fillmore from my 9:00 appointment with Dr. Gross for a diabetes check up.  Everything was good.  I wanted a picture of our doctor and so here it is.  While in Fillmore I bought some chicken scratch.

As soon as I got home, I did the watering in house two and then we drove to Provo to get a few things.  We got a bunch of stuff at Sam's Club.  A couple of weeks ago I bought a watermelon at Sam's Club.  It wasn't ripe so I fed it to the chickens. I told the a person at the service desk that the watermelon did not taste good.  The gave me a credit voucher which I would use to buy a new one.  When I checked out they charged me for a new melon anyway.  We had lunch at a Chinese restaurant.   We stopped at the Red Barn for some ice cream.  We bought four large Celebrity tomato plants at Walmart.

When we got home, I watered the plants again in house two.  I took my shovel, pitchfork, and weed whip to clean out the ditch.  I checked the weed whip for gas.  There was a heavy rain that lasted about five minutes.  It was good.  I started it up and cut down a few weeds and discovered that the weed whip was out of line.  I had to go back to the garage and get some more line.

Back at the ditch cleaned out the weeds.  A lot of road base gravel that they used for the sidewalk had run into my ditch.  I worked there for a couple of hours.

I had a little lunch.  A piece toast spread with a thin layer of honey.  I worked in the strawberry patch removing the annual weeds for another hour.  Carol came out and we got it pretty much cleaned out.  I also pulled all of the weeds in the carrot patch.  Most were the wild lettuce.

Comments and questions are welcome.




No comments:

Post a Comment