Followers

Thursday, May 20, 2021

Two Tubs

 We drove to Fillmore the first thing this morning.  We stopped at Roper's and bought two tubs and some fertilizer.  We stopped at Fillmore Feed and got a few plants for the tubs.

As soon as we got home I filled the tubs with potting soil.  Some was recycled and some was new.  I put some in the tub and then watered it down.  I added more soil and then more water.  I continued this until the tubs were nearly full.  I then toped it off with a fresh bag of potting soil. 
I brought the tubs in front of the garage.  The flowers were on another cart.  this is where Carol arranged them and planted them in the tub.
Most are now planted.
We put them on the front step.  Carol watered them.  All of the extra water which was really dirty ran down the steps and onto the sidewalk.  It stained the sidewalk.  Later I washed it off and scrubbed the sidewalk with a stiff broom.
The agave is four feet above the rosette and five feet above the ground.
I planted the burpless cucumber seeds.  I put two seeds in each cell.  One package had thirty seeds and the other package had about forty seeds.  Each cell got two seeds and a couple of cells had three.
The six, packs fit an old glass baking pan.  I poured water in the pan through the bottom.
seeds are covered and I watered them from the top.  I then labeled each six pack.
This is one dandelion that I dug up.  The soil was hard and dry.  It will be coming back from the roots that I couldn't get.
I dug up two more in wet soil.  The root on the top one is about eight inches long and I didn't get it all.  It may come back.  I didn't go deep enough on the bottom one.  It will come back.
I dug the rest of the weeds in the south garden.  I dug weeds in the north garden alsol
I found this four foot wide weed barrier back in the wild plum trees.  I have a tire rim to hold it down.
Sometime ago I cut holes in the weed barrier every eighteen inches on row twelve inches apart.  I have no idea what I was trying to grow.
Years ago I made a form to make planting boxes out of cement and peat moss.  This was also in the wild plum trees.  I took it apart and save the wing nuts an short bolds.
The final photo for the day was of the Agave parryi.  It is four feet from the rosette to the top.  It is five feet from the ground to the top.  It gets a little taller each day.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment