Followers

Monday, May 31, 2021

Memorial Day 2021

Saturday and Sunday afternoon we put flowers on the graves of our departed loved ones.  Today is Memorial day where we honor soldiers who have served in defense of our country and some gave their life in defense of America and other countries.  All most every home in Holden was flying the American flag.   The young men and young women post the flag on seven different days during the year.  It cost $25 each year for this service. 



Another photo of the flag.  
The watermelon and cucumber seeds are germinating. 
My Agave parryi plant gets taller every day.    I worked in the garden most of the day.   I planted more tomato plants
I prepared the ground for peppers, cabbage, and broccoli plants.  I tilled several rows.  The controller of the tiller is not working.   I change gears without a clutch.  It is probably pretty hard on the tiller.
I run water down the rows to soften the soil to make it easier to dig.
I planted carrot seed.  I used a onion salt shaker to evenly distribute the seeds.  I shook it over the raised bed.  I then put a piece of burlap over the bed to avoid washing the seeds away.
There is a section of the garden that was full of weeds.   I dug them out.  I might be able to plant something here.  I don't know yet.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!






No comments:

Post a Comment