Followers

Monday, May 24, 2021

Mormon Crickets

It was really cold early this morning.  There was frost on the lawn and on the top of the garage.  I was afraid that the geraniums in the kidney were froze; the dahlias west of the driveway were froze; and the corn in the south garden.  I checked it out a little later in the morning.  Good news.  Nothing was frozen.  I put two carts of tomato plants in house five last night.  I brought them back to the patio this morning.  I think that the pole beans are beginning to germinate. 

 Mormon crickets in out yard this afternoon.  I found them on both sides of the shed.   A couple by the irises and the one picture above was by the garage door.  I put out a lot of bait on the south side of the shed.  I put wire baskets on top of the bait to keep the cats from eating it.  I sprinkled some in the tall weedy grasses hoping that the cats won't find it.  Some have seen them on the freeway south of Holden.

After lunch we planted more geraniums.  We put some in the tub that held the dracaena. 
There was an old ugly dogwood shrub under the red bud tree.  I cut off all of the stems and loaded them on the truck.  There were some weedy maples there also.  I cut them off near the ground and painted the stem with round-up.  They should die.  They were loaded on the truck and took them to the dump.
I have honey suckle plants growing all over the yard.  I pulled one up and it had a root going parallel to the ground.  I believe it was about eighteen inches long.
I put fertilizer on the sweet corn.  I then ran water down the row hoping that they will green up.
The Green Arrow peas are beginning to bloom.  It is about the same time they bloomed last year.  I dug up weeds around the garden.  I raked up all of the weeds that I dug up in the south garden.
Two more pictures of the Mormon Cricket that was on the side walk.
I stepped on it and squashed it.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!




No comments:

Post a Comment