Followers

Monday, May 10, 2021

Tractor Started & Moved.

One of the first things I done this morning was to hook up the battery charger to the battery in the tractor.  I was expecting TJ Wood this morning.  I started trimming the Creeping Barbery under the bay windows on the north side of our house.

I cut away the Barberry almost to the bay window and under the the shrubs on both sides.  I was working here when TJ drove up.  Shane also came.  TJ was on the tractor when I hot wired it.  It took off in reverse.  TJ turned off the key and it stopped.  We worked on it and was able to get it out on the edge of the road.  I should have got a bunch of picture but I forgot.  TJ didn't have the equipment to test the hydraulic pressure.  He suggested that I call Chuck Tracy.  I got the phone number and gave him a call.  He was here in about five minutes.  We started it again and he drove it to his shop.   The tractor is slow.  He drove backwards.  I couldn't hear the tractor.  I thought it broke down.  I drove up there.  He stopped and talked to Mike Bleazard.  Mike is build a huge building to store his antique cars.  He wanted to move and apple tree.  I have a tree spade and wondered if I would be able to move it.  Todd has skid-steer.  I think the tree is to big move during the hot summer.    Chuck then drove it the rest of the way to his garage.
The nose or pivot point of the wheel barrow was rubbing against the tire.  I put in the right position and tightened the nuts.  I worked in the front yard most of the afternoon.
I dug up part of the creeping barberry which made more room for flowers.  I spaded booth flowerbeds.
I put re-cycled potting soil on each bed and then a wheelbarrow of compost on each bed.
Got a pretty good photo of the new hen.  Each hen laid and egg today.
After supper I took my cordless trimmer and began to cut down the weeds on the west side of house five.  They were getting tall and didn't have and seeds.  Some had flowered.  I trimmed until I ran out of string.  
I did cut a lot of weeds.  I had some trimmer line, but didn't know how to replace it.  I watched several You Tube movies, but it was not my machine.  I finally found a short video that showed me how to do it.  It didn't work the way that they said.  I was able to take the trimmer head apart and put in the new line.
The fuzzy picture is the completed trimmer head.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment