Followers

Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Weeding and More

I used a shovel and hoe to cut the weeds around the peonies.  I dug weeds near the peach tree in the north west corner of our yard.   I still had battery left on my cordless weed eater.  I put my boots on to keep weed clipping from getting on my pants and then get into the house.  I cut weeds south of house three and cut some west of house four until the battery wore out.  When the battery is out the trimmer stops dead.  I put it on the charger.  At the end of the day I did a little weed eating in the garden.

I take a picture our two chickens hoping to get a good picture of the hen that Robert gave us.  I is the chicken on the right.
I got a good photo of one of the kittens.  There is four orange ones and one gray one.  The are really wild.  I touched one and it likely pulled my finger off.  It didn't, but I pulled my hand away.  I tried it again with a glove. I growled at me and I pulled my hand away again.
This is another photo of the kittens.  Somewhere in there there are some kittens.
I cut down several small trees that were in the way.  I put some round-up on the fresh cut.  I cut another small tree by the dahlias.  A brushed round up on the cut edge.  There are three Russian sage plants in the same area.  I pruned of all the dead stems.
There were a lot of asparagus stems.  I cut a nice batch of stems.  They are in the fridge in a large mouth pint bottle.
This is a photo of one of the sweet potato slips.
In the house there is two sweet potato slip and one sweet potato plant.  I laid the the potato on its side and buried it leaving the stems sticking up.  I covered it with a wire basket.  
I put a piece of burlap on it and then another basket on top of it to protect from the sun.
The two under the burlap are home grown slips.
I watered them as I planted them.

The sweet corn was really dry.  I run a lot of water own the row.

I watered all of the rows in the west garden.  I will cut the weeds tomorrow when the soil is a little softer.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!



No comments:

Post a Comment