Followers

Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Water Turn In the Morning

We got a call from Chuck, the water master, last night that we will have a water turn in the morning.  I spent much of the day getting ready/  Cleaning the ditch and setting out the pipes.

It is really to get a good picture of our two hens together.  I throw out some hen scratch, but threw it to far away/
First job this morning was to clean the ditch.  I took my cordless weed whip and went after the weeds and grass.  Some of the grass came up to my waste.  I  went all the way.  I love that Ryobi cordless weed eater.  While I was doing the grass by the house the battery died.  I put it on the charger.
I mowed the lawn.  This was the first load to dump.  I dumped it on the compost pile.  I dumped other loads where it did it last year to control some of the weeds.
The Fremont Barberry is in full bloom.  It smells so good.
There were a couple of small trees growing against the west wall of the garage.  I cut them off and applied undiluted  Killzall to the fresh cut.
After finishing the mowing of the lawn I applied fertilizer.  I did the front lawn and then the east lawn and part of the back lawn.  I ran out of fertilizer.  I drove to Fillmore to get a prescription and some fertilizer.  I got the prescription first and then was going to drive back to the Fillmore feed store.  But instead of doing that I went into Roper's.  They had twenty pound bags of ammonia sulfate.  I got a bag and then came home.  I finished the back lawn and then did the lawn west of the garage.  I brought over the tiller and tilled a spot for the sweet corn.  I hope to plant it tomorrow.

Carol made cookies  yesterday.  I took some over to Carla Collins who lives is in the house across the street north of us.
Carol finished the puzzle of cats and dogs.  The photo is fuzzy.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment