Followers

Thursday, June 23, 2022

Hail

As soon as breakfast was over, I picked the peas.  I started on the south side and then did the north side.  I got a nice batch of peas, but not as many as yesterday.  I watered the peas this afternoon hoping that it will help firm the pods. 

The Azelia pot is just a little over half full.  Carol washed and shelled them and put them in the on a cooky tray and then put them in the freezer.  We started a new zip bag.  I did a lot of weeding and watering in the garden.  A deputy sheriff knocked on the door.  He was looking for Richard.  We don't know why.  Carol called Richard and he had no idea why they wanted him,   Richard called back later.  It may be he was driving with out insurance on his truck.  Then Richard got his truck insured. 
I planted six hills of zucchini.  I dug the holes, put a handful of horse pellets in the hole, then covered the pellets with soil, then put two zucchini seeds on top of the soil, and then covered the seeds with more soil.  The last step was to irrigate them.    A week or so ago, we got a $20.00 gift certificate from Ray and Maryanne.  I drove to Fillmore and bought supper.  I got a hamburger and fries.  I got Carol a taco salad, a milk shake, and fries.  I ate half of my hamburger and put the other half in the fridge for tomorrow.  Carol ate most of her taco salad.  Some of the fries were left over.
We had rain and hail for about three minutes.  The rainwater run of the roof.  We caught some of the rain in buckets.  We hope that our flowers and vegetables in the garden were not damaged.   
The sidewalk got good and wet.  A half hour later, the sun came out and dried up the rain.  

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment