Followers

Monday, June 6, 2022

Planting Lilac

As soon as breakfast was over, we took the house garbage and a few other things to the dump.  We cleaned some weeds from the dahlia garden.

I took weeds to the compost pile.  On the way I found puncture weeds with the yellow flower.
 
I dug a hole for Carol's lilac bush.   
It took a lot of digging.  I put the sod in one pile on the driveway and the dirt in a different pile.  I kept digging making the hole wider and deeper.   I put the plant in the hole, and Carol directed me to make sure that the plant is standing straight.   I began the back fill and put water around the root ball.  I finished back filling and I soaked the hole with the running hose, I put the dirt and sod on the two wheeled cart.
I took the dirt and sod to the east lawn.  I put the dirt and sod in a shallow hole which has been there since last year.  I watered it in using a sprinkler.
I let the water run for nearly an hour.  I did a lot of pruning on the grape plants in the southwest corner of yard.  There are a lot of grape flowers.  I also watered both grape lines.
The pomegranate shrub has another bud.  That makes three.  On the left is lilac bush the Lisa, our daughter, gave to her.

We had some geraniums left over.   We planted them in the dahlia garden.  I had the drip line running for most of the day.  They were well watered.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment