Followers

Saturday, June 25, 2022

New Blower

This morning I picked the peas.  I had been picking every day and got a small bunch.  I then skipped a day.  Then the next morning it had rained, so I waited one more day.  I picked both sides and nearly filled this bucket. 

Carol washed them.  She then began the shelling of the peas.   I started shelling she suggested that I do some work in the garden.  Carol blanched the peas, put the peas on a tray and put them in the freezer.  Later, we filled a zip freezer bag with the peas.   I watered, dug weeds, watered and dug some more.  Early this morning I started watering the east lawn.  I moved the hose about every forty-five minutes.  I watered the front lawn and geraniums with the other hose.
This afternoon there was a package on the front step.  It was the blower.  I took it out of the box and attached the blower tube and blew off all junk on the patio.  Later I put all of the cushion on the patio chairs.
This photo shows a clean patio with chairs and their cushions and the blower.
I removed all the soil from the raised bed and put it on some black plastic.  I am going to put black plastic on the bottom of the frame.  It is black on the bottom side and white on the top side.  This should stop all morning glory from growing in the raised bed.
Here is the bed soil on the black plastic.
It has been hot all afternoon.  I found a shady spot under a pine tree and grape vines.  I dog out all of the weeds.
A photo of the water running down the row of watermelon plants.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment