Followers

Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Put Away

 I fixed breakfast and fed the cats while Carol was in the shower. After breakfast we watched the channel 44 movies.  It rained and snowed a tiny amount.  When they were over, I drove to the post office and picked up the mail.  We had a frozen dinner for lunch.  I worked in greenhouse five preparing the dahlias for the winter.

There were several things that helped prepare them for the winter.  First, in the northwest corner of greenhouse five was a small pile of dried-up potting soil.  Second, there was a large nursery pot that I could use for storing the dahlias.  I found another pot filled it with some used potting soil in the south garden.  I put the dahlias in the pots and filled it with the used potting soil.  The above photo illustrates the procedure.
Here are the two pots.  One completely covered with potting soil and the other partially covered with the potting soil.

I moved further to the east end of the greenhouse and put a water breaker on the end of the hose and then spray the buried dahlias.  We watched TV until we went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment