Followers

Saturday, November 25, 2023

The Funeral

   


I decided to sleep in this morning.  Richard was gone when I got up.  That wasn't unusual.   Yesterday, he drove to Fillmore to buy gas for his truck.  This morning he was gone.  Carol got up and done her hair.  Richard called and said that he was in Springville looking for some tires for his truck   I turned on the TV and it was not working.  I started making the oatmeal mush.  I then fed the cats.  It was getting light.  I walked out behind the house where I could see the Direct TV dish.  It snowed some during the night and was still snow some.  There was a little snow on it.  I brushed it off. There was one egg in the nest.  After breakfast I called someone from Direct TV.  After talking to a answering machine for nearly a half hour I said goodby and hung up the phone.  

picture

I shoveled the snow off the driveway.  Carol put the casserole in the oven.  She wanted to have it hot when we took it to the church for a luncheon after the funeral.  I put on my suit.  We then took the hot casserole to the church.  We went into the relief society room where expressed our sympathy to the Steven's family.  We then waited in the chapel until the funeral started.  Family members spoke.  The last two speakers and a member of the bishopric spoke to the congregation.  They spoke about the mission of Jesus Christ.  We then came home and had more left overs from Thursday.   After lunch, I drove to the home of Cade Hunter who fixes TV's.  He wasn't home.   I rebooted the TV to see if it would begin working again.  That didn't help.  I turned off the TV.  Carol turned it back on.   I listened to the BYU football game on my laptop computer.   Some banging noises and flashing lights were coming from the TV.  They were square and in various colors.  After a couple of minutes the TV was back on.  Carol went through the channels and found the BYU football game.  I watched the game and Carol started putting a puzzle together.  We were able to watch some of the programs that we enjoy.  We watched TV until we went to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment