Followers

Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Furnace Fixed

It was six this morning when I got up.  After breakfast I dug up all of the dahlias. There was time to watch most of my morning TV shows.   

The ground was good and wet from running sprinklers on them yesterday morning.  I dug them and loaded them on to my cart and parked the cart west of greenhouse five.  I went after the mail and there wasn't any.  After lunch I took the cart of dahlias into greenhouse five.  

I turned on the hose.  I put a clump of dahlias on top of a five-gallon bucket.  With my finger over the end of the hose, I then began to spray them.  I turned the clump around and put it upside down to expose all sides of the clump.  I washed most of the dirt off the roots.   The above photo shows how the is done.  I washed all of the dahlias. except for a few. 

 After lunch, called Andrew Brown.  He said that he was in Delta and would be here in an hour or so.  I continued to spray the dahlias until he came.  It was more than an hour when he and his helper came. I think that they were here a little more than an hour. 
He and his helper came while I was washing the dahlias clumps. I appeared to them that there was not enough gas pressure.  Here they are putting pipes together to improve the pressure.
The temperature in house five at that time is about 65 degrees.
Here they are removing an old gas pressure regulator.  They put in a new part cost nearly $600.   They got everything hooked up and turned up the thermostat.  The furnace fired up.  They did that several times.

After supper we watched TV until we went to bed.  





No comments:

Post a Comment