Followers

Thursday, January 11, 2018

Frame Almost Finished


You Tube video showed how easy it is to build a set of blocks to hold mitered edges together while the glue dries.  I built a two pairs of blocks.  It didn't work.  I tried everyway to hold them together.  I put the clamps on and it twisted the frame.  I gave up and used another approach. 
This is how it looked when I gave up. It looks like a pile of firewood. I put the clamps away.  I put the blocks away.
Yesterday I glued a side and top together and the other side and bottom together. I put glue on the four miters and clamped part of it to the table.  With a 1/4 inch bit I drilled a hole through one corner into the end.  I put glue on a dowel and inserted it into the hole.  I did the same for the other corner.  

We have had trouble with the TV signal that the county provides.  I got on the roof to see if there was some problem up there.  Some of the plastic items on the antenna were crumbling some, but I couldn't see how that would affect the signal.  I wrapped the connection area with electrical tape.  We haven't had much problem today, but there were a few time that we lost the signal.  
I worked on getting the picture, backing, and Plexiglas to fit the frame.  That problem is solved.  I painted it with varnish.  The can says fast drying, but being as cold it wasn't dry when I quit working.
Last week I bought two totes.  I will hook the to the ceiling.  I made a couple of rails that I will screw them into the ceiling. The lip of the totes will slide on the rails.  I will put light weight things in them.  A label with be put on the end of each tote naming what is on the inside.  


Comments and questions are welcome.


      


No comments:

Post a Comment