Followers

Friday, January 12, 2018

Robert, Frank, & Ceiling Storage



This morning I began working on the hangers, or whatever they are called.  They are built a little like and I beam.  In the picture they are right side up.  The cross pieces are to be attached to the ceiling joists.  The cross pieces rocked some.  The 2x4's were ripped to have one smooth edge.  I took them apart and ripped them again so both edges were smooth.  I put them back together again.  It was hard to the 2x4 centered on the plywood strip.

Carol and I drove to Fillmore for some supplies and groceries.  Robert called while we were there.  He and Frank came to work in house two.  When we got home, Robert, Frank, and I had a discussion on the direction that the nursery should go.
We built another raised bed.  Robert is attaching the end piece to the side pieces.  We then put the other piece on the north end.
Robert is filling the new raised bed with used potting soil.  It took four trips with the wheelbarrow and another four trips for the compost.
Both beds are finished.  Robert and Frank went home.
I put the first track up for the two totes.  Standing on a ladder I was able to hold the track against the ceiling and then drive a screw through a predrilled hole into the ceiling joists.  I lined it up with the line between the two wall boards.  After I got it pretty straight, I drove more screws into the ceiling joists.
Putting the right side up was more challenging.  I put a screw through the piece.  I did not tighten it.. Then putting up the tote it seemed to be right.  When I slid the tote to the south end, it was two loose.  I had to undo the center screw and move the south ends closer together.  After it was like I like it, I predrilled more holes and put more screws into the joists.  
Here is another angle.  



Comments and questions are welcomed.        

   


  
 
  


No comments:

Post a Comment