Followers

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

A Helping Hand

We had breakfast at the usual time which is between seven and eight.  I like to watch the news on channel four at seven and then watch and watch it again on channel two.  There is some differences between the two channels.

I worked in the garage for a half hour.  Then I drove over to Jim Masner's house to help him but away his outdoor nativity pieces.  Some were five to six feet tall, and there was about twenty pieces.  Most of the pieces were attached to rebar that was pounded into the ground.  Jim had a storage shed where they are stored.

I came home and began work in the garage.
Above it a photo of the top of a stool where we can place a potted plant or some other item of interest.  I am making two of them.  I cut out most of the parts. I have the top glued together as shown above.  I cut a 2x4 in half to end up with two 1x4s.  cutting it in half and opening it like a book it shows one piece and anther mirror image of it.  One above shows a large nail hole where the wood is stained black.  There were three pairs.  I glued each pair and in the afternoon I glued the three pairs together.  The glue hand not set up and some piece came apart.  I used pipe clamgs to glue them back together.
I begin working on the stool's skirt.  I cut sixteen in 2x4s and planed them to the same thickness which is about 5/8" thick and 2 1/2 inches wide..  Four pieces had to have a 45 degree mightier.  I tried the mightier saw and that didn't make good fit.  I use the table saw and that didn't work well.  
I found a pair of miter clamps which is shown at the bottom of the above picture.  The miter gauge that came with the saw couldn't hold the skirt plumb.  I built an attachment out of a piece of oak, which is shown above the miter clamp.  The problem was getting the right angle.  I cut a lot of pieces that were less than a 45 and more than a 45.  Finally I got it right I think.  It took me a long time.
 I put all of the extension cords in house three.  They are held in large coil with a piece of twine tied together at each end.  I cut about twenty inches of twine and tie bother ends together.
 I hang them on a piece of conduit attached to a 2x4 stud.
There are nine extension cord hanging.  The male ends and the female ends are hanging below the coil which helps prevent them from getting tangled.
 It cot pretty cold last night and the Devil's Ice Tower is a little larger.
Here is a closer view.  I looks pretty cool,, excuse the pun.
At the end of the day I filled a wheelbarrow twice with old potting soil and dumped them into the raised bed.  I brought in two more 2x6x12 for another raised bed.  The plan here is to have a year around garden.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment