Followers

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

The Piano Bench Still ---


We are able to leave the Manti Utah Temple and hour earlier than we usually do.  We then get home an hour sooner.
 I cleaned the shop.  The was sawdust and small pieces of wood on the floor and dust on top of everything.  I scrape the sawdust into a pile with a long handled squeegee and scrape into a pile and then gather it up with a dustpan.  I took most of the sawdust out the watermelon garden.
I have been using an 84 four tooth saw.  I like it because it makes very smooth surface.  The draw back is how dusty it is.  There  is dust on everything in the garage.  I took it off and put on another blade which has fewer teeth.  It was so dull. It smoked all over trying to rip a board.  
Now to the bench.  It looks really good, but it wobbles some to the left or fight.  I bought four lag bolts to put through the top down into the legs at each end.  One end I missed the legs.  I made two more holes.  I made a small piolet hole, then another hole to counter sink the lag bolt and then a hole through the top to accommodate the bolt.  To my disappointment there was not room for a wrench.  Then I used some large screws.  I made some plugs to cover the screws and cover the holes that I didn't use.  In the morning I will trim off the plugs.


Comments and questions are welcomed.



No comments:

Post a Comment