Followers

Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Cleaning/Organizine

Our garage is a place for junk.  Everything that has a flat surface is covered with tools, junk. Some is really junk, but most are tools and supplies that does not have a decent storage place.  During some of this cleaning I have found tools that I haven't seen for years.
Above is my workbench made out of three 8/4 oak.  There are times that I would like lay something on the bench, but I can't because there is always something there. There is a nice vice on the right end.
I worked on the piano bench this morning. Last night I made seven plugs and glued a plug in each hole.  I used a plane to remove part of the plug sticking up above the bench.  I then sanded them even with the bench top.  I used my router to round off the edges..  Last I sanded the top one more time.  
Here, I cleaned the floor and vacuumed. I did the same in other areas of the garage.
The blade  on the table saw  is very dull.  I cut some yesterday and it got very hot and began to smoke.  Don't want to have hot sawdust start a fire. 
I took the saw blade into the house were the light was better for a closer look at the carbide tips.  Harbor Freight has a saw sharpener for $56. New blades cost $25 to $55.
The blade is removed and more table top to the right is cleaned. 
My miter saw was very dirty.  Changing the angle  was quite difficult.  I removed the back fence which gave me a better view that made it easy to clean. I had to remove four bolts which were metic in size.  It was slow tedious work.  Finally I got them out and cleaned it up.  putting the fence back on was hard.  I had another set of sockets and wrenches in house three.  Using the right size socket made it much easier.
I watered in house two.  Above is a close-up the worm garden.  They have really been active.
I left the north door of house two open.  One or more cats came in and pooped in our raised beds.

        

Comments and questions are welcome.  



    


No comments:

Post a Comment