Followers

Saturday, January 6, 2018

Set Back & Working on the Stool

The birds are eating a lot of bird feed.  It was completely empty this morning.  I put the ladder next to the tree where it is hanging.  I used a funnel from the kitchen, and poured seed into the three tubes.   It took all of the bird seed.  I finished filling it with chicken scratch.  From what I observed this evening, the like the bird seed the best.  We will see when we get home from the temple tomorrow.

We drove to Fillmore for a few groceries and to make a deposit at the bank.  While at the market I got four sweet potatoes.
It is time to grow sweet potato starts.  I two of the potatoes would fit into a plastic mayonnaise jar and I had to find large mouth quart jars for the other two.  One was in the pantry and the other one was under the house in a box of glass mayonnaises bottles.  I inserted three round tooth picks in the stem end of the potato.  The tooth picks hold them up some.   
My photo shooting skills is lacking.   I filled the bottles with water and they are sitting in the south window in the kitchen.
I worked all afternoon on this stool.  It looks more like a small table.  I cut the top two fourteen inches.  I built the cross braces first.  I predrilled two holes for the screws and counter sunk them.  I glued them and drove in the screws.   I then attached the four legs.  I put it upside down to attach the skirt.  These were mitered and I cut the miters several times before the skirt was the right length.  One of the legs cracked when I drove in one of the screws.  I had to take it of and use a new one.  The top is just sitting there.  I may fasten it tomorrow.  I have to remove all the skirts and glue them to the legs and then re-insert the screws.


Comments and questions are welcome.




No comments:

Post a Comment