Followers

Thursday, January 18, 2018

Cut My Thumb

This morning I started building a piano bench.  There is one in Carol's bedroom.  She has a fan on it pointed at her head.  I am building one like it using weathered 2x4's.
I began by cutting them to length.  Three feet.  I trimmed booth edges and planed both sides.  When I rip the boards I use a push board to protect my fingers.  Today I didn't.  I had my gloves on and my thumb hit the speeding blade.  
You glove above has a hole in the thumb made by the saw blade.  I rushed in the house where Carol put several band aide on my thumb.  There was not much pain.  That really irritated because I had to quit work on the piano. bench. 
My smart phone does not give a very bright picture.  Other times it does.   I cut the rest of the boards and glued them together.  This will make the top of the piano bench.  It is 12 inches by 36 inches.  With one sore thumb I was able to carefully cut the rest of the board using a push stick.  I put glue on the edges and clamped them together.  I will remove the clamps in the morning.

Carol went visiting teaching and I watched the BYU channel for an hour until she came back.  I had a grilled cheese and baloney sandwich.  After lunch I set at the computer for over an hour preparing the ward history.
This evening I removed files from my file cabinet.  There were a lot of old catalogs, invoices, and other things that I filed away years ago.  I filled a large box and they are headed for the dump.




Comments and questions are welcome.





No comments:

Post a Comment