Followers

Monday, January 8, 2018

Three Days in One



Friday evening the internet  died.  I was working on the blog.  Saturday morning it was working.  But I had to start over and it gave me Saturday's date.

I one of our neighbors died last week and they wanted the choir to sing a couple of songs.  I was there most of the morning.  
I needed a way to connect the table top to the legs without driving a screw though the top of the table in to the legs are skirts.  The above photo shows the legs upside down on the table top which is also upside down. I glued four small oak blocks to the bottom next to the legs.
There is a heavy gear on a piece of plywood holding the blocks to the table top.  Later I removed the weight and plywood.  Two of the blocks did not stick.  I applied more glue and left it over Sunday until Monday morning (today), 
This afternoon I glued some blocks to the skirt.  There is a pair of clamps on the right side holding blocks. First I glued them to the oak blocks.  I realized my mistake took them off  Each in each block is a hole.  A screw through the hole into the oak block will firmly hold the top.
l watched an You Tube video showing how to make a miter table saw sled.  First of all I could not find the other table piece.  I finally found it behind the patio cushion.  I trimmed off the double layers.  I had to watch the video again to find out what was next.  First I had to make a pair of runners.  One each for the slots on either side of the blade.  I cut one pair and they were to loose.  I cut another one and it wouldd not fit.  By moving the fence very so slightly to the left several times got one to fit and then I cut the other one.  Next step is to glue them to the board.  I put washers in the slots to elevate the runners.  I applied the glue and a heavy bucket of potatoes on top.  It helped press board one the runners.
I used a my belt sander to make the table top smooth.  There are a lot of saw marks.  I sanded with the grain; across the grain.  I rotated it forty-five degrees and sanded more.  I then used my orbit sander for a fine smooth.
The bird feeder has been empty for about twenty-four hours.  It has been raining some and when it was almost quit.  I put out hen scratch for the birds.
The photos from my Samsung phone were washed out.  They were not at all bright.  I took this photo last week of our poinsettia and the red candle.  They looked a lot better than what I took a month ago.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment