Followers

Monday, January 1, 2018

New Years Day

The following two paragraph were put on my Face Book.  I wanted to express feelings rather than being specific.  

Today, I reached the big eight O, Those in the seventies are now young. Those In the nineties are the old ones. May you and your family be blessed this year.

My resolution: To be a better husband, father, grandfather and, great grandfather, and follow the example and teachings of Jesus Christ. Be a friend to all regardless of their social position, and be more forgiving.

Robert and Jeanne stopped to wish me happy birthday.  They brought a present which was a short stem ladder.  I have a tall one and with this won't have to stand on a chair on a chair to change lights.  We began re-arranging the in greenhouse two.  We worked for awhile and then went to lunch.
 We had one bench on cement blocks.  Actually it was a large box made out of 2x6's with a plywood bottom and a sheet of plywood, which had nearly rotted on top.  All of the cactus plants were on top of it. There is one barrel cactus that we saved with all of its little pups.  We kept starts of all of them two propagate new ones if needed.  We saved the bottom and moved the frame to the north-east corner of the greenhouse.  This will filled with soil grow something that likes winter coolness.

We made a new raised box which is on the left.  We another bench apart to make room for another raised bed.  We quite before we finished with it.

I gathered all of the large extension card that supplied power to the out door lights. There were nine of them.  I tied them with some twine and hung all but one in greenhouse three.
Robert and Jeanne left and I started the dreaded job of putting away the outdoor lights.  I put the strings of lights in a large tote.  I put to strings on the bottom and put a piece of newspaper onto top of them.  I then put a couple more string down and then the newspaper again.  This I continued.  I changed the procedure a little by rolling the strings in a sort of ball.  I was able to get six strings and then the newspaper again.  The newspaper help keep the stings from getting tangled.
It was getting later and the temperature was dropping.  I turned the water on for the Devil's Ice Tower.  I heard Tiger our cat, Climbing on top of house six.  I went out and got several pictures.  This one is the best of all of them.


Comments and questions are welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment