Followers

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Finished Miter Sled & Picture Frame

Wednesday is when Carol washes the sheets. And in addition she made Taco Soup.  All of this was started before breakfast.
Yesterday, I worked to the miter sled for my table say.  I needed a right isosceles triangle to get the angle right from the saw blade. I don't have one and I didn't want to make a special trip to Fillmore.  We bought a new large wall calendar.  I kept the card board back.  I made  isosceles triangle.  The two sides are ten inches long.  This morning I used it to get an forty-five degree from the saw blade.  I did some practice cuts and I could not get it right.
I did not get enough pictures to show the steps needed to get to the point as shown above.  The two piece that connect to the blade are set at ninety degree angle.  I drove screws through the holes in the sides.  I clamped them to the bottom board so it would not move while screwing in the screws.  The triangle above did not work.  The board was square and using a speed square against the edge of the board, I was able to get it right.

I put a piece of a 2x4 down the center to cover the blade   I shaped to make it more comfortable.
I glued the piece to the board and put a heavy gear on it to hold it until after lunch. I also glued the pointed end to the "V" end.  
The glue had set up.  I drilled three started holes counter sunk them.  
I found a picture that I wanted to frame and I found some Plexiglas to cover the picture.  The glass was very dirty and I worked on it for forty-five minutes.  I cut pieces for the frame.  I cut and recut to get them the right length.  I found a pair of corner clamps.  I glued the side and top together and the other side and bottom together.  Finishing the frame tomorrow.



Comments and questions are welcome.









No comments:

Post a Comment