Followers

Monday, January 15, 2018

Help From You Tube


I worked in the garage for a short while.  I got and idea sometime during the night how join 45 miters to another 45 miter to make a 90 degree corner of a picture frame and how to hold it together until the glue sets.  I cut two 2x2 boards and mitered both ends.  The speed square in the middle helps getting a right angle.  There are two screws holding the opposite ends to keep them from spreading apart.  I put glue on the miters and used the pipe clamp to make a tight joint.  
While the glue was drying I spent a lot of time with the compressor.  The last time I checked it a couple of months ago, the compressor would not turn on.  Today, wanted to get a model number and serial number.  I could not find it.  I turned the valve on and let the air out.  I turned the compressor on and it started up and shut off when the pressure was up.  But the pressure was only 50 psi. I messed a round with it for a while and decided to see if I could the problem on You Tube.  I went to the house and watched four or five videos.  Some said it cold not be fixed.  Another told what was wrong and what to do to fix it.   
The sweet potato has roots.  The picture above shows a few roots near the bottom.  It is day ten.  The roots will grow and soon there will be some stems.
A couple of weeks ago Robert through away most of the cacti.  They were weedy and were taking up space that we could use for something else.  He saved cuttings of each which we would use to propagate new cacti.  The have been pruned sufficiently long enough allow scabbing.  I potted them this afternoon.
I planted two ever bearing strawberry plants.  The were outside and hope they do well for a few strawberries in a few months.  The two raised beds are really dry.  The water won't soak in.  I made four or five rows in each bed which will hold the water and allow it to soak.  I watered it several times.
I made a larger 90 degree angle frame to help me with joining two 45 degree miters.  I cut a 3/4 five inch wide oak plywood about 30 inches long into two, two inch piece and glued the together.  A heavy bucket is holding the pieces together until the glue sets.
I went back to the compressor and removed the pressure dial and the compressor regulator.   I can get a new regulator at Wall Mart for $5.00.
 The picture of the gage and the pressure regulator.   I want to put a valve between the regulator and the coupler.  I can then shut off the air which will make it a lot easier to add tools to the compressor.
Above is the right angled brace the will help me glue miters together.  It may not work.  I find out tomorrow afternoon.


Comments and questions are welcome.





No comments:

Post a Comment