Followers

Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Rain All Night

We started on the tomatoes before breakfast.  We could have breakfast while the tomatoes are cooking.  Carol prepared onions, celery, peppers, and I shredded them.  She also, cleaned and cut the tomatoes into smaller pieces.  Bad spots and tomato cores were discarded.   I used a shredder to turn the tomatoes into juice.  
We separated the juice from the cooked stalks using a colander.
Carol put the juice into bottles.  There were two batches.  Each batch was put into the canner and when it came to a boil, it had to boil for fifty minutes.  
When finished we had fourteen quarts of vegie juice.
 While Carol was working with the tomatoes, I picked three boxes of tomatoes for Joyce Johnson.  Most were picked from house one.  A few were picked from house six.  Joyce picked up the boxes and took them to her daughter in St George.
I had a hotdog for dinner.  I also, shredded one of the beets that I baked a couple of days ago.  I covered it with melted butter, salt and pepper.  It was really good.

After lunch we drove to Fillmore where Carol had an appointment with Dr. Gross.  We met the doctor in the new building.  We gassed up the car and got a her prescription filled at the Service Drug store.
Above is a picture of all the plants that we had growing in the front yard.
The above plant, I moved into house two.
Last I made chicken vegetable soup.  I dug one hill of potatoes and pulled some new carrots.  These I put in the soup.  I used a quart bottle of frozen chicken stalk.  I put in some snap beans, celery, corn, peas, leeks, and an onion in the pot.  It was ready by six and tasted really good.


Comments and questions are welcome.








No comments:

Post a Comment