Followers

Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Unexpect Freeze in House Six

We returned home from the Temple around 2:30.  I changed clothes and checked out the nursery.
Yesterday I pulled down all the tomato plants on the two rows.  This afternoon,  I removed all of the suppurting  poles.  You can see on either side the remaining poles.
 I walked into house six and was shocked at the frost damage.  The cucumber vines are dead.  I turned the thermostat a little lower.  Apparently I turned it too low.
The tops of the tomato plants were also frozen.  The lower parts were okay and that is where the fruits are.
The Black cherry plants that are on horizontal twines were frozen.  I was hoping to watch grow a little more.
After I removed the posts in house six I started removing the plants on the row at the right.  I might be able to remove the rest tomorrow.  There are a couple other jobs that need to be done tomorrow.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment