Followers

Friday, October 26, 2018

Another CSA Box

We started this morning with a little work in the garden.  We gathered all of the spaghetti squash.  Then removed all the vines.  We also cutdown the last of the corn stalks.

I prepared scallions, red beats, cucumbers, and tomatoes for the sample CSA box that I took to the post office.  They were gone by five.  I pulled up the scallions, washed them, removed dead and dirty leaves, put them in groups of five and secured them with a rubber band.  Did the same for beet greens.  And then made three bags or red beets.  I for got to take pictures.
The chicken nest were really bad with the chicken manure.  I cleaned it out and put in some saw dust that was in the garage.
I removed all the old sweet potato vines and leveled out the raised bed.  I put the chicken manure on the bed getting a head start for it next year.
The sky was free of clouds and when I looked up there was a huge contrail from the east to the west.  The upper air was very calm.  The contrail was crisp and straight. My phone would not for some reason take a picture.  I finally got one.
Another airplane crossed below the one from the east.

After lunch, Carol and I visited with Alisha Bills.  She is on my ministering list.
Yesterday, I replace the broken, leaking water pipe.  This morning I covered it up with the dirt.  The chicken scratched in the wet soil picking out tiny worms.
I took cuttings from an tomato plant that had orange tomatoes that resembled the big roma tomato named gladiator.  There were three cuttings.  two of them had sufficient roots for transplanting.  The photo above photo show the roots.
I put two of them in the above pots.  The other one needed to grow more roots so it went back to the window sill in the kitchen.

I walked over to visit Richard Darnel.  Neil Stevens was right behind me and we visited for about and hour.
I went for an half hour walk.  On the way home I took the above picture.  It is an old truck that has been parked there for years.  It might be the subject of a painting.



Comments and questions are welcome.





No comments:

Post a Comment