Followers

Monday, October 15, 2018

Morning of Hard Frost


 I did a lot of weed pulling from the pots on pad one.  The photo shows weeds before I pulled.
These pots in pad one are free of weeds..
I removed the tomato plants from two rows in house one.  I didn't plan on doing so much but kept plugging away.  I think that I was there for over four hours.  The above picture is looking to the south.  I ate a bunch of cherry tomatoes.  The one I ate in the morning were frozen and turned in to quite a frozen treat.  In the afternoon they had thawed and were very sweet.

I picked a bucket full of tomatoes in house six for the Deardens.  They picked them up this afternoon. I picked another bucket in house one.
 So cold this morning that a little drip from the hose in house three froze.  It melted when the sun began to shine.
The drinking water for hens comes from the well on the east end of our place.  I turned off the power for the pump and drained the lines a couple of days ago. I opened the valve for city water.  The above photo shows the water filling the container.  It will run night and day until some time in April of next year.
The beans froze.  We got one small picking Saturday.
The tomatoes vines were also frozen.  Some of the small tomatoes were frozen solid.
I take care of our neighbor's lantana plant for the winter.   She brought it over some time yesterday afternoon.  I brought our lantana plants in last week.
The above photo clearly shows frost  damage.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment